Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bruins @ Lightning: Game 3


We do not have word yet if Bergeron will play tonight, so I will keep him out of my preview.

This has been a surprising starting to this series. The two best goalies in the playoffs have let up a total of 18 goals in two games. Consider before this series they were both averaging around 2 GAA per game that's pretty amazing. The other shocking story line is that rookie Tyler Seguin has been amazing (3 goals, 3 assists in 2 games).

I am a big Tim Thomas fan, but to say that he has looked sharp I think would be far from the truth. Don't get me wrong he has made some amazing saves, but he has also let in some weak goals. Still, the defense has to play a lot better, because there are too many times the Bruins are getting burned in transition.

The Bruins almost blew that game the other night, and the Lightning proved they can score in a hurry. Chara really needs to play better. I would say Kaberle needs to too, but at this point he seems like a lost cause. One thing I really liked last game is Boston came out hitting. I think that set the stage for there to be a lot of open ice, so that the Bruins speed (Seguin) to have a lot more ice to work with.

Tonight's going to be a really tough game, but if Boston can play better defense they can win this and take control of the series.

Bruins win 3-1 (I know low scoring, but eventually these goalies are going to get hot)
Player of the Game: Horton
Game starts at 8pm on Versus

No comments:

Post a Comment