Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Suspicion Around NBA Draft


"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines," Kahn said. "Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy and the only thing we have in common is we have both been bar mitzvahed. We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right (CBS Sports)."

Since I have a love for conspiracy theories, you know I'm all about this, and I do sometimes wonder if the NBA manipulates what happens. Obviously this is impossible to prove, but going into the lottery my money was on the Cavs to win, because of everything that happened with Lebron.

It all starts back in 1985 with the Knicks getting Patrick Ewing. The story goes that the Knicks’ envelope had been stuffed in a refrigerator all day so it was easy to identify by touch when it was time to pull make sure he headed to New York. There is another theory that the envelope, which they used to use had a crease in it, so Stern knew which one to pick. The video below is supposed to prove it (go to the 5:21 mark)...



Yea, after reading all these theories (and there a bunch more out there) I just don't really see it, but I will agree that the NBA sure seems lucky getting the "story lines" they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment