An alleged right-wing terrorist charged of a mass murder at a youth camp in Norway and a bombing in the capital, Oslo, says he operated alone, police say.
Anders Behring Breivik, 32, "acknowledged to the realities of both the bombing and the shooting, though he's not owned up criminal fault", said police Chief Sveinung Sponheim.
At least 92 people were murdered in the dual assault, with some still lost.
As the nation suffers, services are being held across the country.
The prime minister and the king and queen of Norway are attending a monument service at Oslo Cathedral, laying single white flowers outside as they entered.
"He says that he was alone but the police must examine everything that he said. Some of the observer statements from the island have made us uncertain of whether there were one or more shooters," Mr. Sponheim said.
He said police were not observing for anybody else at the time - though they had not ruled out that the suspect might have had help.
He said Mr Beivik had assisted during his questioning and there had been a "good" discussion.
Mr Breivik has been alleged with acknowledging acts of extremism, and is due to appear in court on Monday.
No less than seven people were died in Friday in a bomb targeted on the government quarter in Oslo. Soon afterwards, 85 people were gun shoot as gunman ran amok on the close by island of Utoeya.
At least four people from the island camp shooting are yet to be found; it is considered some may have sink after swimming out into the lake to flee the hail of bullets.
Police are utilizing a mini-submarine to search for the lost bodies.
In Oslo police said the death toll could increase more as bodies or body parts were in buildings ruined by the bomb but still too unstable to search.
"He considered it was horrible having to place these acts, but in his head they were essential," Mr Breivik's lawyer Geir Lippestad told Norwegian media.
He further said that the actions had been planned for some time.
The supposed is reported to have had connections with right-wing terrorists.
Still images of him, wearing a wetsuit and carrying an automatic weapon, emerged in a 12-minute anti-Muslim video called Knights Templar 2083, which appeared temporarily on YouTube.
A 1,500-page text written in English and said to be by Mr. Breivik - posted under the pseudonym of Andrew Berwick - was also put online hours before the assaults, advising they had been years in the planning.
The document and the video frequently refer to multiculturalism and Muslim migration; the author claims to be a follower of the Knights Templar - a medieval Christian organization engaged in the Crusades, and sometimes honored by white supremacists.
Police have not considered on causes for the assault but the bomb in Oslo targeted buildings associated to Norway's governing Labour Party, and the youth camp on Utoeya island was also organized by the party.
In the text posted online, quotes were made to targeting "cultural Marxists/ multiculturalist conspirators".
Norway has had difficulties with neo-Nazi groups in the past but the guess was that such groups had been hugely wipe out and did not pose a major threat
The Utoeya island shooting came just hours after the early huge blast in central Oslo, which police say was due to by a car bomb.
Eyewitnesses on the island have painted a horrible image of events as a tall, blond man, wearing policeman’s dress, asked people to gather round and then opened fire arbitrarily.
While some were shot at as they attempted to swim to safety, others trembled in undergrowth, hid in buildings, or imitated to be dead amongst the bodies of other casualties as the gunman carried on his rampage.
Police said they reached after 45 minutes at the island, and the criminal was detained 45 minutes after that, yielding when approached by armed officials.
He is reported to have been armed with two weapons, one of them an automatic rifle.