Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ciara Talks New Album

R&B princess Ciara sat down is a recent interview to talk about her upcoming studio effort. The singr also opened up about her recording sessions and her new home Epic Records.






Q: Who have you been in the studio with recently?
A:  Well, you know what, I’ll just say this: I’ve been vibing and really having a fun time by getting to see what’s out there. I just have to say that I’m so excited about the things that are happening. Sooner or later I really will be able to tell my fans exactly what is happening. There’s things I’ve been saying so I can’t wait to share those things with my fans.
I do want team Ciara to know and all of my fans to know that things have been really exciting and I can’t wait to let them know more.

Q:  There are reports that L.A. Reid joined Epic Label Group and that you were going to be an artist under his roster. Can you confirm that?
A:  I don’t even know what you’re talking about [laughs]. Nah, I’m totally just playing. I think you have to ask L.A. kinda what’s going on. I can’t really comment on what’s happening and the system. I cant really say too much. I dont really know too much about the breakdown of everything.

Q:  When you perform, what song do you feel grabs the most attention?
A:  ‘1, 2 Step.’ And oh, ‘Ride,’ of course. It’s always amazing for me to see my fans in Africa singing ‘Ride,’ because it’s a slow record. Normally, dance records are easier to digest, universally. Of course, I have more records to do, but ‘1, 2 Step’ goes down as one of my biggest songs. What’s crazy is that ‘Goodies’ sat at No. 1 longer then ‘1, 2 Step’ did. It just seems to be one that when I do it, every time, people go crazy.

Q:  Recently you’ve been in the news for attending the wedding of your friend, R&B singer Monica. Another friend of yours, Kim Kardashian, is set to wed as well. How do you feel at this point in your life being 25 and possibly taking a similar step soon?
A:   The way that I look at it, I’m so lost in the zone right now of what I’m doing that when that happens in my life, I believe that it’ll happen at the perfect time. You can’t put a time marker on anything like that and you can’t say exactly when you want to do it; it just kinda falls in place. That’s something I definitely look forward to because in my career, you do sacrifice a lot by just putting so much time and effort into it, but I do believe when that moment happens it’s going to be amazing. I have a whole breakdown of how I see it. I’m not rushing the idea of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment