Friday, July 15, 2011

Harrison Apologizes


Harrison apologized for making those stupid comments a couple days ago. Here is the main part. I am going to skip the whole Goodell thing because he didn't really apologizes, and in my eyes doesn't really need to. What he did need to apologize for was ripping his teammates...

"I did make comments about my teammates when I was talking about the emotional Super Bowl loss, but the handful of words that were used and heavily publicized yesterday were pulled out of a long conversation and the context was lost. Obviously, I would never say that it was all Ben’s or Rashard’s fault that we lost the Super Bowl. That would be ridiculous. Both Ben and Rashard are great players and great teammates. Clearly the entire team bears responsibility for the loss, me included. It was a team effort and a team loss. My teammates know me well, and hopefully understand the things I said were not meant to accuse them of the loss. We all have discussed several things that went wrong in the Super Bowl since that day. What I do apologize for and take full responsibility for is for speaking in such a candid manner to someone outside the team (James Harrison - profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)."

There is a very good chance that his original quote wasn't as bad as it sounded, but you just don't go out and say things like that about a teammate. He needed to apologize for that, because that is team business and they have enough analyst in the media that will tell everyone what went wrong in the Super Bowl. There is no reason to go out and make problems with a team heading into the next year. I don't think it will after this, and I think it's smart that he did.

As for the "Goodell quotes", he shouldn't be that blunt. It's not going to help him when his next fine comes up, but I also can't fault a guy for being really pissed off when someone keeps fining you crazy amounts of money for playing football tough. Overall I haven't had a huge problem with most of hits. Sure there were some that deserved a fine, but there were also others that didn't deserve anything.

But as for Harrison denying he ever said those things about his teammates, that's just not true. He did, and is playing the out of context card.

No comments:

Post a Comment