Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mickael Pietrus To Celtics?


Mickael Pietrus made some interesting comments that has been hoping he ends up on the Celtics (whenever there is a season)...

"A lot of teams are interested in me, like the Lakers and the Celtics," Pietrus tells L'Equipe via translation from HoopsHype. "This came from the best player in the world: Kobe Bryant. He told me two months ago that he would like to see me with the Lakers."

Obviously the Lakers would seem like the front runners for him, but I hope the Celtics take some interest in this guy. He is a great defensive player, and could be a nice asset as that "wing defender" (that should be on the list yesterday) that the Celtics have been looking for. Not sure why I am a big fan of Pietrus, but it started when the Celtics played the Magic in the playoffs a couple years ago. He just seems like a guy who would fit that "team defense" philosophy the Celtics are so great at. The question is how they would get this done. I would think it would be some kind of sign and trade with Big Baby might get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment