Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ortiz Says He Wants 2 Year Deal


Well this really shouldn't shock anyone, but Ortiz came out and stated that he is looking for a 2 year deal from the Red Sox...

You know what? I’ve been in this organization for nine years. My numbers ain’t that bad, you know what I’m saying?” said Ortiz. “I don’t think I need to open any more eyes than I have already. If you haven’t seen me, you ain’t.”

“Oh yeah, I’ve got more in the tank, I’ve got more than that. I’m just going to turn 36,” Ortiz said. “What’s the worst thing that’s going to happen to me from now through the next two, three years?”

A year back I wasn't so sure what to do with Ortiz. I thought most likely the best option was to let him ride out his contract and then let him go, but he has been so good that I think he deserves a 2 year deal. He has changed his body shape, and looks a lot skinner. I think this has helped out a ton, and it can only help those terrible knees he has now that there is less weight on them. I am fine with Ortiz getting something like a 2 year $20 million dollar deal, and I hope he gets done ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment