Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So There's This Game on Sunday

I know you're all pretty busy, and I appareciate you all taking a few moments away from reading that totally awesome Blues-Blackhawks Preview you found to kill time with me.

I've been doing some thinking in regards to how I want this structured and I think for the purpose of maintaining the longevity of this blog, I'm only going to update with stories on Monday. Don't worry, I'll ramble on all the other days of the week -- you know, the days you see I have a new post up and then find that it's just me blathering on about something pointless.

In any event, Monday seems like a good choice because the rest of you are at work and no doubt are looking for a distraction, so here I am. As for once a week, well, I think it's necessary to stretch these things out since there are 122 teams, which seems like a lot, but over the span of 30 years, well, it ain't.

In fact, I'm not sure how, exactly, this will continue in the long run, but if you all keep reading, well, I'll keep writing. If any of you have any good ideas about how I should publish stories or otherwise effectively use this space, by all means, send them along.

In other news, there's this "Super" Bowl game on Sunday that you might have heard about. I'll make my entirely worthless and ineffective prediction later this week, but I can tell you right now that I've already made up my mind as to who I'm pulling for. This was tricky for me since this is the first time in five years that I've actually been to both cities in the Super Bowl without living in one of them.

Saints fans have suffered for decades and it would be nice to see them finally reach the top of the mountain. On the other hand, there is something to be said for appreciating excellence, and the Colts have been one of the League's model franchises of the past decade, to say nothing of the familial connection between Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and his brother Eli, who calls the signals for my Giants. That said, this is how I broke it down:

In my family vacation to New Orleans in 2001, I had a fantastic duck dish at NOLA, the best omelette of my life at Brennan's, and a perfect filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, creme brulee and bread pudding at Commander's Palace, a restaurant where I also sat in a seat once used by Ronald Reagan.

When covering the 2006 Women's Big Ten Basketball tournament at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, I had mediocre nacho cheese dip with torn bits of tortilla in the media room.

The choice is clear. Geaux Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment