Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red Sox @ Phillies Preview


Well, this series has gone bad so far, and it doesn't get any easier tonight with Lester taking on Hamels. Hamels is 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA with 21 strikeouts in three starts against Boston, and 5-2 with a 1.85 ERA in his last eight outings. I have always liked Hamels and am actually happy he is having such a great year.

Lester is 1-0 with a 0.64 ERA in two starts against the Phillies, but has lost two straight. I believe Lester will have a strong game tonight, but I am worried about the Sox being able to score any runs. I would hate to see them fall anymore behind the Yankees, and my hope is Gonzalez, Youk, Pedroia just have enough to get them through this game.

Red Sox win 3-1
Player of the Game: Lester
Game starts at 1:05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment