Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Banta-Cain Has Abdominal Surgery (UPDATED)


Patriots outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain underwent surgery for an abdominal tear on Friday, according to a league source. It was an injury he had been dogged by last season, and it flared up during recent offseason workouts. (The usual recovery time for such an injury is approximately 4-6 weeks.)

Banta-Cain is a guy I undervalue every year. Last season he surprised me once again with 50 tackles and 5 sacks. Sure those aren't all that impressive, but consider the leader of the Patriots in sacks had 5.5 this is actually a hit for the Patriots. In a way I am glad, I never liked Banta-Cain, I think he's weak and I hope this pushes the Patriots to add someone, but it won't. They will end up hope Cunningham or someone surprises them and can be their next pass rusher.


***UPDATE***

Or maybe the Patriots won't wait for him to comeback...

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Tully Banta-Cain has been told by the New England Patriots that he will be released."

Obviously, the Patriots could just resign him once he is healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment