Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beyoncé Covers 'Complex' Magazine


Beyoncé is featured on the August/September issue of Complex magazine.
Looking fierce and fabulous like always here’s what Bey had to share:

On striving to make music that’s interesting for everyone: “I’ve found that with hit records the melody and lyrics come together [naturally]. I usually know from the hook if the song is something that transcends language, race, and genre, and if it’s something that affects pop culture. It’s something I can visualize people singing in stadiums all over the world. But my favorite songs on my albums are usually not my singles.”

On dealing with down days: “Whenever I feel bad, I use that feeling to motivate me to work harder. I only allow myself one day to feel sorry for myself. People who complain really get on my nerves. When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”

On what she’d like her legacy to be: “I just want my legacy to be great music. Someone who was a risk taker and someone who had songs that struck conversation and emotion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment