Thursday, July 14, 2011

Couple Of Celtics Notes


ESPN caught up with Rondo recently and he discussed a bunch of topics, but there were two things that were noteworthy...

On his dislocated elbow: "It's the most pain I've ever been in playing ball. I'm feeling a little pain now, but the swelling is down. The only thing is there's swelling in my joint. I'll be fine, it just takes time. I've got a couple more weeks that I'm off, as far as rest and the repetition of weights."

On potentially playing overseas: "It's something my agent and I have spoken about. A lot of things go into playing overseas, a lot of little things to take care of. For me, right now, I'm just focused on getting healthy -- getting healthy and getting better for my team next year, the Boston Celtics (ESPN)."

You just knew that elbow was going to take a long time to heal, but since I think we all know they are going to be missing games this year due the lockout I am not concerned about it at all, and he doesn't seem to be either. As for playing overseas, I like everything he says. If the lockout becomes a long term thing he can jump on somewhere, but there is no reason to be deciding such things now. Actually, I loved everything Rondo said in this interview. He was asked if the Big Three have another run in them, and he basically said they do, because no one sees how good of shape these guys are in. He was also asked about the lockout, and said that he didn't give a shit, he just wants to get healthy and win another title for Boston.

The other note for the Celtics is Paul Flannery was on WEEI on the other day and discussed the chances of the Celtics getting Dwight Howard...

"Here’s the pitch: Come play with a defensive-minded, pass-first point guard in Rondo and for coach Doc Rivers (a strong selling point, by the way), and you’ll be joining forces on one of the truly historic basketball teams as they transition from one era to the next. Did we mention the 17 banners? Bill Russell? You might have heard we're building a statue for him (Celticsblog)."

Although, I agree with the author of this post that the Nets are still more likely in my eyes (just seems like Howard would like being in New York), I do think that the Celtics have a great case. Rondo is the perfect PG for a guy like Howard. I mean remember the beginning of last year when Rondo was making Shaq look like an All-Star again? I do. So, imagine an actual All-Star getting those passes. I do hate Howard, I think he is a loser and cares more about his imagine then rings (which is why I see him with the Nets), but if there is a coach that could reach him it's Doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment