Monday, July 11, 2011

Details For Bill Russell Statue


DP and I have been saying for years now there is no reason why there isn't a Bill Russell statue. I know he didn't want one, but too bad he deserves it and did too much on and off the court for him not to get one. Well, it's finally being taken care of.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino announced Monday that a statue of Celtics legend Bill Russell will be sited at City Hall Plaza. They are still picking between offers between 3 different finalists (Fern Cunningham, Ann Hirsch and Antonio Tobias Mendez).

Still don't really understand why this isn't in front of the Garden. I know I have said it before, but I think there should be a line of all the greatest players from the Celtics and Bruins heading into the Garden. They already have Orr, and Russell would've been cool to be right next to him. Then they could add Bird, and so on through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment