Monday, April 18, 2011

Arsenal manager has 'no apologizes' over quarrel with Liverpool counterpart

Arsène Wenger has shielded his conduct following disagreements with Kenny Dalglish and referee Andre Marriner over the contentious prize of Liverpool’s 102nd-minute penalty equaliser.

Dalglish, who reacted irritably and waved Wenger away, said that he would “rather not repeat” what the Arsenal manager had said. YouTube footage stated that the Liverpool manager told Wenger to “---- off”.  I said to Dalglish it was not a punishment,” said Wenger. “That was all. You can evaluate it on the television.

I think we were rigid done-by. We agreed a punishment after 11 minutes when the referee said there was eight minutes of wound time. I don’t see where those three minutes came from and it was no punishment.  “We were informed after the free-kick, before Eboue’s challenge, it is game ended. Lucas stopped in his way and stopped his run.

Eboué leaves for the ball not the player.” Of his exchange with Marriner, Wenger said: “I desired to acquire the players away from him. The referee has not clarifies anything to me. Dalglish reacted by inquiring Arsenal’s 98th-minute penalty following a Jay Spearing competition on Cesc Fabregas. “My point of view about the two penalty conclusions is that there was one exact and one incorrect,” he said.

“I don’t know why a discussion between managers on the bench is of any significance after a game like that. I just told him there I still owe him dinner. There’s no problem.” Wenger also blamed Liverpool of only trying to stop his Arsenal team from scoring. “It was a game where Liverpool protected, defended and defended,” he said.

Dalglish said that he was pleased to have troubled Wenger and played down the importance of ultimately helping Manchester United to exceeded Liverpool and clinch a 19th league title.

“We defeat those - United 3-1 at Anfield so I don’t recognize how we handed them anything,” he said. The bizarre amount of hurt time was originated by a tussle of heads between Jamie Carragher and his team-mate John Flanagan that left the Liverpool captain insensible for five minutes. He was being given oxygen as he left the pitch on a stretcher with a neck brace, but was suitably improved to tell after the match. “It was a conflict of chiefs and these things happen,” he said.

Dalglish said that Carragher was like “pristine” but is pending more news on wounds to Fabio Aurelio (hamstring) and Andy Carroll (knee)

No comments:

Post a Comment