Thursday, February 24, 2011

Update on the 2012 Honda CRV

Well, I have confirmation that the next generation CRV is indeed pretty much ready to go, however won't be released until the fall this year. Your guess is as good as mine as to what this incarnation is going to look like, however I have been told that this won't be a dramatic departure from the current formula. It would sure be nice to see the 2.2l diesel engine make it's way here, but as far as I know that's not even on the table.

Honda has been doing a great job of keeping this one under wraps, I have found a few drawings out there as to what the vehicle may end up looking like (Crosstour front end?), and when I asked a Honda Canada rep (who had seen the 2012) about the Crosstour front end they just looked at me and said 'nope'. That doesn't mean much to me, due to the fact that this is the same person that said the spyshots of the 2012 Civic a few months back were inaccurate (bang on).

Anyway, when I find out more, I'll let you know!

Source;
Honda Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment