Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Howard Staying In Orlando?


"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have — this small market that we have and we can make it a big market."

"As of right now, I'm a part of the Orlando Magic and I plan to be here," Howard said (CBS Sports).

I am not buying it. The Magic are in a ton of cap trouble, and aren't even close to being a team challenging for an NBA title. My guess is that they have a terrible season next year (6 or 7 seed), and Howard finally has enough and moves on. There are just such better franchises out there that are going to have the cap room to make the changes Howard is looking for. Eventually he'll get sick of the "small market" and want to go somewhere that he can be even more well known (LA, Boston, New York, ect).

No comments:

Post a Comment