Friday, May 27, 2011

Red Sox 14 Tigers 1


Boy was I wrong. I thought that Scherzer would be able to slow down the Red Sox offense, instead they lit him up for 7 runs in 2 innings. This game (much the game before) was over before it started.

Ellsbury hit a 3 run HR, and Crawford went 4-5 with 3 RBIs. Speaking of Crawford he is now batting .244, which is just .003 behind Pedroia in batting average. I wonder if a change in the lineup with will happen? I say not yet, but certainly something they will start looking at in a month or so, because right now they are so hot I wouldn't change anything.

Alfredo Aceves was very good once again, which has me thinking if we actually even want Lackey back. Anyways, he was great letting up just 1 runs over 6 innings strikingout out 6 batters.

Boston has won 11 of 13, and are tied for 1st place with the Yankees in the AL East. It's been an incredible turnaround, and if they can figure out their bullpen issues they could be unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment