Thursday, May 26, 2011

Red Sox @ Tigers Preview


The Red Sox needed a laugher and they got one yesterday blowing the doors off the Indians. Boston has been on fire playing .676 baseball since that 2-10 start, as Rob pointed out earlier. Now they head to Detriot.

Wow, can't believe the Sox are playing back-to-back day games. I really love day games and I miss there were more of them. Anyways, it's Aceves vs. Scherzer today. Scherzer has only let up 5 ER over his last 4 starts. On the season he is 6-1 with a 2.98 ERA. In short, the Sox could be in for a long day.

Alfredo Aceves is getting his 2nd start since filling in for Lackey/Dice-K. In his last start he held the Cubs to one run and three hits over five innings, so we really can't complain.

I like Aveces, but I really don't like this matchup. I know the Sox have been beating the best pitchers, but I just don't see it today. Basically I am rooting for rain.

Tigers win 5-3
Player of the Game: Cabrera
Game starts at 1:05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment