Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan has increased Nuclear vigilant level

Japan has enhanced the attentive level at an incapacitated nuclear plant from four to five on a seven point international scale for atomic disaster.
Now the Japanese Fukushima Daiichi atomic power plant is behind just two points from Ukraine's 1986 Chernobyl catastrophe. The head of UN’s nuclear regulatory authority warned in Tokyo the struggles for stabilizing the plant was a battle against time. The crisis was happened by last week’s heavy earthquake on magnitude 9.0 and after tsunami in which more than 15,000 people have been died and number of missing. The decision raising the alert level at five grades Fukushima’s as and “disaster with broader end results”. The place has also a similarity with 1979’s three mile island nuclear mishap in the US.
In the mean time more severe snowfall all the night brought more difficulties to survivors of the 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami, but all ending hopes of searching anybody else alive in the debris. The latest figures shows about 6,400 people have been confirmed deaths and about 10,200 are still listed missing.
On Friday people crossways Japan observed one minute's silence at 14:46 (0546 GMT), precisely one week after the disaster. As the country silenced to memorize, relief workers working very hard in the wrecks bowed their heads, while old survivors in emigration centers swept.
Yukiya Amano, the chief executive of the International Atomic Energy Agency, reached in Tokyo and said in his remarks the Fukushima calamity was a "race against the time" Mr. Amano, who is also a Japanese citizen said, "This is not amazing that immediately Japan should handle with, and people of the whole world should oblige with Japan and the people in the catastrophe areas. He said this time he would not visit the Fukushima Daiichi site. The Kyodo news agency reported that his four-member team of nuclear professionals would begin by supervising radiation in Tokyo before going to the linked areas of the quake-strike facility.
For a second day army fire vehicles have been scattering plant’s overheating reactor units. Water in about one fuel pool in reactor number 3 is considered to be riskily little, revealing the stored fuel rods. If the ponds run waterless, a nuclear sequence feedback could discharge more radiation into the air.
An electricity line of the site has also cut off and the engineers are trying to connect it but they are being hindered by radiation, while the plant's operators require the power wire to restart water pumps that pour cold water on the fuel rods. The Army helicopters which felled water from over on Thursday have been kept on reserve position. Televised recording of the airdrops had appeared a large amount of water blowing away in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment